Man wearing construction clothing and a bag pack sling

TAC compensation claims
in Victoria

Lodge a TAC claim

Getting injured on the road can feel extremely unfair. If you have been hurt in a road accident, whether you are the driver, passenger or pedestrian, you have the right to a TAC claim for your injuries.

If you have suffered a whiplash, neck, back, head, brain, spinal or any other type of injury from a car accident, Maurice Blackburn’s  TAC lawyers can help you get the TAC compensation you're entitled to.

Why Maurice Blackburn?

Maurice Blackburn's dedicated TAC claims lawyers can fight for you. Our lawyers understand every aspect of TAC law and the road accident legal system and can help you pursue a TAC claim for TAC compensation.

We have the resources and dedication needed to achieve the best possible outcome for your TAC claim. We offer 'no win, no fee'* arrangements for these types of cases, which means that you don’t have to pay for our legal services if your case is not successful.

We have personal injury lawyers in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin and throughout Australia.  Contact us today to find out how we can help.

All you need to know about Road injury claims

If you’re injured in a road or public transport accident involving a car, bus, truck, train, tram, motorcycle, scooter or bicycle, we’ll show you how to navigate your way through a road injury claim.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I make a TAC claim for my road and car accident?

If you've been injured on the road in Victoria or while travelling in a Victorian registered car anywhere in Australia you could be entitled to a TAC compensation claim.

Maurice Blackburn's TAC claim lawyers will help to ease your burden during these difficult times and guide you through your TAC claims process.

Do I have a TAC compensation claim?

If your road accident was caused, or partly caused, by the fault of another party your motor vehicle road accident compensation claim may be covered by the Transport Accident Commission (TAC). The TAC is an organisation of the Victorian State Government that provides compensation to people injured in transport accidents.

The compensation and benefits you are entitled to can vary greatly depending on your location and on the circumstances leading to your injury.

If you have been hurt as the result of a motor vehicle or road accident, Our dedicated team of TAC claim lawyers can help you make a compensation claim, whether you're a car or truck driver, a motorcycle rider, a passenger, a cyclist, pedestrian or public transport manager.

What types of road and car accidents are covered by TAC claims?

You may be eligible to make a TAC claim if your road accident happened in Victoria, or in a Victorian registered vehicle anywhere in Australia.

What compensation and benefits am I entitled to under my TAC claim?

Your ability to claim TAC compensation payments can vary greatly depending on the state in which the road accident occurred, and the circumstances leading to the accident.

TAC claims may cover:

  • pain and suffering
  • past and future medical expenses
  • past loss of earnings
  • future loss of earnings or loss of earning capacity
  • past and future loss of superannuation contributions

What expenses can I claim for under my TAC claim?

If you are eligible for TAC compensation, you are likely covered for:

  • medical and hospital (including pharmacy and counselling)
  • rehabilitation
  • nursing and disability services
  • post-acute support services
  • expenses arising from a death including funeral costs

Are there time limits for making a TAC claim?

Time limits vary depending on the state your claim is in, whether the injured is an adult or a child, and who is at fault.

In some cases you may have as little as 28 days from the date of the accident to lodge your initial claim, while in other states you may have up to a year with a possible extension of up to three years. It's important you talk to a motor vehicle accident lawyer as soon as possible after your accident.

Can I make a TAC claim for a public transport accident injury?

You may be able to make a claim for injuries that occurred while travelling on public transport, or if you are in a vehicle accident with a public transport vehicle.

Our dedicated team of road accident lawyers will show you how to navigate your way through your TAC claim.

How do I make a TAC compensation claim?

Regardless of the severity of the accident and injury, your first step will usually be to lodge a TAC compensation claim. Maurice Blackburn Lawyers will be able to advise you as to this process, but generally it involves:

  • Reporting the accident to the police (if you haven't already done this, we can submit the report for you)
  • Filling out and submitting a TAC claim form
  • Providing a special medical certificate with your claim, which should be completed by your own doctor if possible

We can guide you through all these steps and make sure you're aware of any complexities that may arise during the process.  

How much will making a TAC claim cost me?

Our TAC claim lawyers are experienced in winning fair compensation for our clients on a 'no win, no fee'* basis. Come in for a free first consultation to know where you stand.

No win, no fee*

Our car accident lawyers are experienced in winning fair compensation for our clients on a no win, no fee basis.

Our fees and agreements

It doesn’t cost you anything to know where you stand

Can we help?
Find an office near you
Your local office

Let us contact you

It doesn’t cost you anything to know where you stand

We take calls 24/7

Call us now
1800 305 568

Free Call

Find an office near you
Your local office

Let us contact you