Man wearing construction clothing and a bag pack sling

Car accident
injury lawyers

Have you been in a car accident?

Motor vehicle accidents can leave those injured not only physically and emotionally devastated, but out of pocket too. We know that medical expenses, property replacement and the cost of time off work can leave you feeling unfairly treated and inadequately compensated.

Why Maurice Blackburn?

Whether you’re a driver, pedestrian, cyclist or innocent bystander, if you’ve been harmed on Australian roads, Maurice Blackburn Lawyers are here to help. We can offer the best advice to help you determine your rights and what compensation you are eligible for.

We offer 'no win, no fee'* arrangements for these types of personal injury claims, which means that you don't have to pay for our legal services if we don’t win. Maurice Blackburn has lawyers in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and throughout Australia.

Contact one of our offices today to determine exactly what you need to do under these circumstances.

Be aware that strict time limits apply, and they’re different in every state.

All you need to know about Road injury claims

If you’re injured in a road or public transport accident involving a car, bus, truck, train, tram, motorcycle, scooter or bicycle, we’ll show you how to navigate your way through a road injury claim.

Suzanna's story - Car accident injury
'I loved my job, I really did. And, the accident just changed all of that.'
Alex's story - Car accident injury
'You can never put a price on what it is that you have lost, but the compensation has definitely made my future look hopeful.'
David's story — Car accident injury
'Driving was my life. It was something I enjoyed a lot. Now it's out of the question.'

Frequently Asked Questions

Why choose Maurice Blackburn for my car accident claim?

Maurice Blackburn Lawyers is committed to being Australia’s leading road accident injury law firm. We have exceptional expertise in this area of law, a strong history of successful cases and a full suite of legal services we can draw upon to help you in any circumstance. Our highly experienced road accident compensation lawyers understand every aspect of this area of law across Australia.

We understand that getting injured on the road can feel extremely unfair. It’s our mission to ensure you get your full motor accident compensation payout to help you get back to being you as soon as possible.

We also look beyond compensation, working with road user groups, enthusiast clubs, unions, and regulators towards a common goal of safer roads.

Contact us today to book a free consultation and find out how we can help you.

Do I have a car accident claim?

Whether or not you’re a driver, rider, pedestrian or innocent bystander, if you’ve suffered personal injury as a result of an accident with any kind of vehicle, you can make a personal injury from car accident compensation claim. Injuries sustained can include whiplash, brain damage, spinal damage and psychological trauma; it is also possible to have multiple injuries.

How do I make a car accident claim?

Regardless of the severity of the accident and injury, your first step will usually be to lodge a motor accident compensation claim. The process differs around Australia, and Maurice Blackburn Lawyers will be able to advise you as to this process, but generally it involves:

  • providing a report of the car accident to the police
  • filling out and submitting a claim form. Depending on the State you are in, this could involve filling out and submitting a Notice of Accident Claim Form with the CTP insurer of the vehicle at fault.
  • providing a special medical certificate with your claim (from your own doctor if possible).

It's important that an experienced car accident lawyer reviews your claim before it is lodged.

Are there time limits for making a car accident claim?

Yes – strict time limits apply to when you can make a personal injury compensation claim from a car accident and they are different in every Australian state and territory. In some areas, you may have as little as 28 days to submit your claim, while other states allow up to a year, which can in some cases be extended to three years.

However, no matter where your accident occurred, we strongly advise you talk to our car accident injury compensation experts as soon as possible to make sure your claim is made in a timely manner.

Contact us today to talk about your claim. Our initial advice and evaluation is provided free of charge.

What can I claim for a car accident injury?

There is a range of medical and other expenses you may be able to claim compensation for as a result of your injuries sustained from a car accident. Apart from medical, hospital, and rehabilitation costs, you may be able to claim for:

  • nursing and disability services
  • loss of amenity
  • loss of wages and superannuation
  • travel to and from medical appointments
  • home and vehicle modifications
  • costs associated with retraining for your job
  • legal costs associated with your claim

Your eligibility will depend on where you are in Australia as laws differ in each state and territory. We are a national firm and can help you make a claim for compensation of medical and other expenses following a car accident, so contact us today to discuss how we can help you.

How much will making a car accident claim cost me?

Our car accident injury lawyers are experienced in winning fair motor accident compensation for our clients on a ‘no win, no fee’* basis. Come in for a free first consultation to know where you stand.

No win, no fee*

Our vehicle accident lawyers are experienced in winning fair compensation for our clients on a no win, no fee basis.

Our fees and agreements

It doesn’t cost you anything to know where you stand

Can we help?
Find an office near you
Your local office

Let us contact you

It doesn’t cost you anything to know where you stand

We take calls 24/7

Call us now
1800 305 568

Free Call

Find an office near you
Your local office

Let us contact you